Today I am sharing a beautiful coastal inspired farmhouse living room with all the design sources!
Get Inspired Series
I love being able to provide you with design inspiration. I have a series here on the blog called “Get Inspired” where I share style boards for different spaces in your home. One of my readers requested to see what a coastal farmhouse living room would look like on a budget.
If you have a project that you are working on email me at [email protected] Let me know the style you love and the room type. I will choose some to feature here on the blog with a style board and links to shop the post.
Coastal Farmhouse Living Room
Coastal farmhouse style has a few distinct characteristics. The style creates a space that is calm, relaxing and airy. Here are some of the important design elements.
The Color Blue-Shades of blue is the perfect accent color for creating coastal vibes. The obvious reason is that blue is the same color as the ocean. But not only that, blue also has a calming effect. This makes it perfect for creating the same calm vibes you would experience on a beach vacation.
Natural Elements– This can be light wood tones, wicker, driftwood, wood accessories etc.
Greenery- Adding plants to any space is really important, but especially for a coastal theme. You want to bring the outdoors in.
Neutral Colors– Coastal and farmhouse style lend itself to a neutral palette. Think grays, creams and whites.
This entire room is under 3,000 and features product from some of my favorite budget friendly stores. Target, Wayfair, World Market, Minted and Boutique Rugs.
You can shop by clicking the pictures and links below!
“ Affiliate links provided for your convenience, please read my disclosure for more information.”
- Ice on the Lake Art– Art can be a little pricey. If you are on a budget I recommend getting just the print and finding your own frame.
- Metal Chandelier Black – Hearth & Hand with Magnolia– This is a steal and so pretty!
Textured Ceramic Accent Lamp Cream– I love the texture on this lamp. If you want to stay with neutral colors add texture!
- Faux Fiddle-Leaf Fig Plant– Plants are a must for any style and this fiddle leaf takes up a lot of visual space.
- Blakesley Slipcovered Sofa– This slipcover Sofa has amazing reviews and is a great price. I love the relaxed cozy look.
18″ Metal Wrap Round Side Table– I chose this end table because I wanted to tie in the black finish from the chandelier.
- Tohatchi Area Rug– This is from Boutique Rugs! I love the quality and you can get 55% off using my code MDD55!
Whitewash Carved Pillar Candle holder– These are perfect coastal accessories.
Faux Mint Potted Plant – Plants are a must. This pairs nicely with the candle holder and creates a visually balanced coffee table presentation. Groups of odd numbers are best.
- Natural Washed Linen Tassel Lumbar Pillow
- Neutral Woven Stripe Square Throw Pillow
- Peralta Coffee Table- I am obsessed with this coffee table. It has a beautiful wood finish and base. This is a little pricey, but is worth it for a large timeless piece.
Esters Wood Arm Chair– This chair add the perfect amount of modern farmhouse vibe and makes the space feel more sophisticated.